Sunday, May 6, 2012

Update - What I'm Doing



I am/have....

1 - Moved from Berkeley, California, back to my home state of Kansas in order to pursue further schooling.

2 - Been accepted and currently plan to attend the University of Kansas Medical Center for a master's degree in Public Health, beginning this fall.

3 - Joined the local community garden - Countryside Gardens - and will hopefully be successfully growing Tomatoes, Okra, Potatoes, Parsnips, Lettuce, Chard, Spinach, Carrots, Zucchini and Squash this summer. Most are heirloom varieties that I purchased from the Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company in Missouri.

4 - Working from home for a social network for gardeners, and considering the pursuit of a new line of work as an Extension Agent. I never knew what that was, but it could be my dream job...

5 - Baking lots of cupcakes from the "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" cookbook and experimenting with semifreddo (who knew you could make "ice-cream" without an ice-cream maker?).

No comments:

Post a Comment