Monday, May 7, 2012
Homemade Pizza
My latest adventure in cooking - homemade pizza. Perhaps I was inspired by the recent opening of a local woodfired pizzeria, or maybe it was the ease with which one can create infinite kinds of pizza suitable to any craving or occasion. Whatever the case, I felt compelled to compose a saucy pizza pie.
Armed with one of my favorite cooking blogs - A Chow Life - I set to work making my own pizza crust and tomato sauce. The recipe listed makes enough dough for at least two large pizzas, as does the sauce recipe below it. A broccoli lover since childhood, I adorned my pizza with green florets, fresh basil, dried oregano and thyme, and organic mozzarella and parmesan. In the oven at 450 F it went, and, after 10-15 minutes, out it came, deliciously crisp and melty.
I'm not sure where my next pizza-making adventure will lead, but as a lover of pesto, it's a safe bet that it will be at the top of the ingredient list. And with the garden soon to be growing (I hope) two different types of heirloom tomatoes and genovese basil, it's bound to be a summer of pesto tomato pizza.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment